King John’s Castle
King John’s Castle, built in the 12th Century to defend the river frontier between the Gaelic West and Norman Munster and Leinster.
Open: Daily 10am–5pm
St. Mary’s Cathedral
St. Mary’s Cathedral, built c.1172 and originally the palace site of Donal Mór O’Brien, King of Munster, who donated the site to the church.
Open: Daily 9am–5pm
The Hunt Museum
The Hunt Museum houses one of the greatest collections of antiquities in Ireland, gathered by the archaeologist, John Hunt.
Open: Mon–Sat: 10am–5pm, Sun: 2pm–5pm (free admission on Sundays)