At LIT, we encourage students to maintain a healthy balance between lectures, study, sports and social lives.
Joining one of the many sports teams LIT has to offer gives you the opportunity to meet new people, try something new and even take part in competitive or non-competitive, internal or inter-college events around the country.
Some of the sports available at LIT are:
- Gaelic Football
- Tae Kwon Do
- Ladies Hockey
- Ladies Gaelic Football
- Ladies Soccer
- Dance Classes
- And many more
LIT Moylish has an impressive range of sports facilities for students, including
- Three full-size pitches
- An all-weather playing pitch
- A fitness centre
- An indoor sports hall
There are ongoing developments of sports facilities at the campuses in Thurles and Clonmel, and students have access to a wide range of sports facilities in both towns.
In Thurles, a 2,000 sq metre purpose-built €3.7m SportsLab was recently opened. This Sports Strength and Conditioning building, one of the finest facilities available in the world, includes:
- 3D Organic Motion Capture Systems for motion analysis
- A 45m six-lane sprint track specially designed to improve speed
- A Paralympic area
- Olympic lifting platforms
- Five functional screening kits
- Micro-electro mechanical systems and GPS systems
- A full range of exercise machines